[wiki-research] Fwd: [Wiki-research-l] Wikimedia Research, Quantitative Analysis, General User Survey and more

Filippo Salustri salustri at ryerson.ca
Fri Aug 11 13:14:57 CEST 2006

Yes & no, I think.

While I take your meaning, Helmut, I think "wikipedia research" is closer
to studying a single ecosystem than it is studying a single species.  While
the one ecosystem will not inform you about *all* ecosystems, it will
inform you about the possibly rich assortment of phenomena it contains, AND
suggest a range of general principles that will likely apply to many though
likely not all other ecosystems.

Cheers.
Fil

--
Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Email: salustri at ryerson.ca
http://deseng.ryerson.ca/~fil/