[wiki-research] Link density in wikis

Milorad Tosic mbtosic at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 04:21:45 CEST 2008

Uri,

Based on the theoretical concept, introduced in our
paper

"Collaborative Wiki Tagging" presented at I-SEMANTICS
2007, International Conference on New Media Technology
and Semantic Systems, as part of TRIPLE-I 2007, Graz,
Austrija, September 5-7, 2007.

we have developed several implementations in different
application domains. It looks to me that we are on the
same page here, but you decide:

Example 1: At my academic home page
http://infosys1.elfak.ni.ac.yu/InfosysWiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Main
pay attention on the "Page Tags" drop-down section of
the left menu. It is a list of all wiki pages that are
assigned a "tag" semantics ("the page is a tag"). The
assignment of semantics is implemented as a link to
the given page; the link is from the page which name
equals the given tag name. This is result of a dynamic
query, such that users may add new tags in run time.
(NOTE: Group of links from the given page to a page
tagged "with an {{expand}}")

Example 2: http://lokalizacija.tagleen.com
We just finished a project related to localization of
Mozilla Thunderbird to Serbian language. In that
purpose, we developed web application based on our
Tagleen platform.  If you look at page
http://lokalizacija.tagleen.com/Wiki.jsp?page=Certified%20Authority
you may notice comments at the bottom of the page.
These comments are wiki pages in fact. Each of the
comment wiki pages is assigned the "comment" semantics
while contains link to the Certified%20Authority page.

I hope it would be enough.

If you find what I've just described as one of the
possible solutions to your problem, we may try to work
together.

Regards,
Milorad Tosic