[wiki-research] Link density in wikis

Filippo A. Salustri salustri at ryerson.ca
Sat Apr 5 18:45:45 CEST 2008

Just to add an idea, here's how I'm going to do it in my wiki:

The wiki will have 'namespaces' (a little like mediawiki)
There'll be a plugin that can examine a specific namespace (default:
'bugs') and look for a particular syntax (default: definition list) as
descriptions of 'things to do' to the content page.  There will also be
a function to adapt the rendering of a link to a page with a 'bugs'
namespace; at the moment I figure to use the tooltip popup to include
the number of 'bugs' items, if any.

None of this will be implemented for at least a year, cuz I'm severely
backlogged.  But that's my plan.

Cheers.
Fil Salustri

--
Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Email: salustri at ryerson.ca
http://deseng.ryerson.ca/~fil/