[wiki-standards] Comments on Dirk's "simplest process..."

Filippo A. Salustri salustri at ryerson.ca
Wed Dec 28 18:34:47 CET 2005

Ward,

I certainly didn't mean to give that impression.

It is my impression (which may be wrong) that the group that will lead
the charge on 'standards' will likely be those like me, with a bit of
computer savvy.  It would be perfectly natural for such a group to tend
to include 'features' that wouldn't necessarily appeal to those without
such training or experience.

All I'm suggesting is that by maintaining a certain breadth of appeal of
the standards themselves, one increases the odds of attracting more
input, opinion, and idea of how wikis can be 'standardised' without
limiting their flexibility for growth.

Indeed, the most important feature of wikis, I think, is their
flexibility, and the opportunities that that flexibility gives to
authors to create new forms of content.

Cheers.
Fil

--
Prof. Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Toronto, ON                                email: salustri at ryerson.ca
M5B 2K3  Canada                            http://deseng.ryerson.ca/~fil/