[wikisym-announce] WikiSym'07 in Montreal ** Early Registration Deadline Approaching

Dirk Riehle dirk at riehle.org
Sat Sep 8 18:10:25 CEST 2007

                             WikiSym 2007

                2007 International Symposium on Wikis

                     Wikis at Work in the World:
       Open, Organic, Participatory Media for the 21st Century

                         October 21-23, 2007
                    Palais des Congrs de Montral
                       Montreal, Quebec, Canada

                    http://www.wikisym.org/ws2007/

Registration is now open for WikiSym 2007, convening October 21 through
23 in chic, sophisticated, metropolitan Montreal, Quebec.

**Deadline for early registration is September 13th**

NO ORDINARY CONFERENCE

WikiSym is the only international scientific conference dedicated to
wikis. It brings together wiki researchers, practitioners, and users.
The goal of the symposium is to explore and extend our growing
community. It has a rigorously reviewed research paper track as well as
  plenty of space for practitioner reports, demonstrations, and open
discussions. Anyone who is involved in using, researching, or developing
wikis is invited to WikiSym 2007!

We recognize that the online world is always evolving, and therefore
welcome people interested in other online media consistent with the wiki
philosophy of being open, organic and participatory.

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

Our headline speakers this year include many of the thought leaders on
wiki. Our keynote speaker will be Jonathan Grudin (Microsoft Research),
one of the world's leading researchers on Computer Supported
Collaborative Work. Ward Cunningham (AboutUs), inventor of wiki and
founding father of our field, will give the closing talk. Peter Thoeny
(StructuredWikis), creator of TWiki, will give a half day tutorial on
wikis in the workplace.